The days are long, the weather is warm, and school's out for the summer! Make this summer a memorable one for you and your kids with a trip to Fairfield. Here are 10 summer adventures perfect for the whole family:
1. Jelly Belly Factory: This is where the magic happens! The Jelly Belly Candy Company is the home of Jelly Belly jelly beans and more than 50 other fine confections. The tour is always free - and the samples are too! The visitor center in Fairfield is open daily, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and self-guided factory tours are available 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Save the date for Mascot Day on Aug. 2, where you and your kids can meet Mr. Jelly Belly and other area mascots, as well as Spirit Week Aug. 7-11.
2. The Western Railway Museum: The Western Railway Museum gives visitors the opportunity to ride historic streetcars and interurban electric trains. With over 50 historic cars on display, railway exhibits, the Museum Store and Gift Shop, and the large, shaded picnic grounds, the Western Railway Museum is ideal for family outings. The museum is open Wednesday-Sunday in the summer months.
3. Driven Raceway: Driven Raceway is Northern California’s premiere Indoor Kart Racing and Family Entertainment facility. Come experience firsthand European-style racing with the most sophisticated and high speed electric karts available today. Open daily.
4. Six Flags Discovery Kingdom: Six Flags Discovery Kingdom is Northern California’s only combined marine life, wildlife and wild rides theme park. The 135-acre park features three worlds in one kingdom, with exciting wildlife shows, interactive animal encounters and exhibits and the most daring and thrilling roller coasters around. The amusement park, located just a quick 10 minutes from Fairfield, is open daily during the summer months.
5. Jump Highway: Jump Highway is the Ultimate Trampoline Sports Arena, combining fun and exercise in activities that include airobics, dodge ball, dunking contests and free style jump arenas. All activities are indoors (with air conditioning!) and there is a lounge for adults to sit in while children play. Open daily.
6. Scandia Family Fun Center: Scandia Family Center is nine acres of entertainment for the entire family. Scandia features two award winning miniature golf courses, state-of-the-art Lasertron Lasertag arena, lil’ indy raceway go karts, waterbugs, rock wall and extreme air bounce, baseball batting cages, clubhouse for kids playground, huge arcade and great food. Open daily.
7. Allan Witt Aquatic Complex: A great place to cool off on those hot summer days! The complex includes a natatorium with a six-lane activty pool, slide, diving board and lazy river, as well as an outside shallow play area for kids featuring slides and climbing structures and two 30-ft giant pool slides sure to keep both adults and children entertained.
8. Downtown Fairfield: Explore the shops and dining in downtown Fairfield and be sure to stop at the fountains at the county government center. Children LOVE running through the water all summer long and best of all, it is FREE!
9. Rush Ranch: Open daily year-round and always offering free admission, Rush Ranch is a hit with families. The ranch includes historical displays on the Patwin Indians who once lived in our region, horses, hiking trails along the marsh, a working blacksmith shop, and lots of opportunities for wildlife viewing.
10. Solano Town Center: Solano County's largest indoor shopping mall is also home to Edwards Fairfield Stadium 16 IMAX!
You can learn more about all of these attractions on our website, www.VisitFairfieldCA.com