As you gather with family and friends this week to celebrate Thanksgiving and reflect on all that you are thankful for in life, remember to have a bottle - or two - of Suisun Valley wine on the table to enjoy.
There is still time to pick up your favorite varietals from our Suisun and Green Valley wineries. Many tasting rooms are open Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday prior to the Thanksgiving holiday. These include:
- Wooden Valley Winery, open daily from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., specializes in Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, White Gamay, Riesling, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Zinfandel, Miscela, Vino Bianco, Vino Rosso and Zinfandel Port. The winery also just released the 2016 Muscat Cannelli, described as the "perfect wine for the American sweet tooth."
- Vezer Family Vineyard's Blue Victorian and Mankas Gardens tasting rooms are both open 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. The Vezer's are best known for their Petite Sirah and Zinfandel. There is a reasosn why the vineyard has nicknamed Suisun Valley the "Petite Sirah Capital of the World." You can never go wrong with the LaSalette or Jake’s Cellar Master Select.
- BackRoad Vines, open daily from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., specializes in Sirah, Cabernet Sauvignon and red blends.
- Il Fiorello Olive Oil Company may be best known for their olive oil, but the wine from their own Il Fiorello label is equally impressive. Il Fiorello's gift shop is open daily, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Green Valley's G V Cellars focuses on Italian varietals, specializing in Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Dolcetto, Sangiovese and Syrah. The G V Cellars tasting room is open daily, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
If you're looking for a wine fix after the Thanksgiving holiday, make sure to plan a stop at our other wineries, which include the Suisun Valley Wine Co-op, Seven Artisans Winery, Galvan Family Cellars/Rock Wren, Rock Creek Vineyard, and Tenbrink Vineyards.
Learn more at: http://www.visitfairfieldca.com/things-to-do/wineries/