As you gather with family and friends this week to celebrate Thanksgiving and reflect on all that you are thankful for in life, remember to have a bottle - or two - of Suisun Valley wine on the table to enjoy.
There is still time to pick up your favorite varietals from our Suisun and Green Valley wineries. All of our tasting rooms are open this weekend and many are also open the Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday prior to the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Wooden Valley Winery, open daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., specializes in Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, White Gamay, Riesling, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Zinfandel, Miscela, Vino Bianco, Vino Rosso and Zinfandel Port. "With (the 2018 Riesling's) excellent balance of sweetness, this wine will compliment your entire Thanksgiving meal." - Ron Lanza
- Vezer Family Vineyard's Blue Victorian and Mankas Gardens tasting rooms are both open 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. The Vezer's are best known for their Petite Sirah and Zinfandel. There is a reasosn why the vineyard has nicknamed Suisun Valley the "Petite Sirah Capital of the World." You can never go wrong with the LaSalette or Winemaker Select and their 2016 Petite Sirah recently scored double gold at the San Francisco International Wine Competition.
- BackRoad Vines, open daily from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., specializes in Sirah, Cabernet Sauvignon and red blends. Their 2016 Mule red blend is sure to be a hit on any Thanksgiving table
- Il Fiorello Olive Oil Company may be best known for their olive oil, but the wine from their own Il Fiorello label is equally impressive. Il Fiorello's tasting room and gift shop is open daily, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Green Valley's G V Cellars focuses on Italian varietals, specializing in Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Dolcetto, Sangiovese and Syrah. The winery produces six estate varietals and a variety of amazing blends. The G V Cellars tasting room is open daily, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The Suisun Valley Wine Co-op, open 12 pm to 5 pm Thurs-Sun, features wine from three smaller wineries - King Andrews, BlackSmith Cellars and Sunset Cellars - all based in our rustic valley.
- Next door to the co-op is Mangels Vineyard, known for their Syrah and Petite Sirah, Tempranillo, and blends. Mangels is open Friday to Sunday, 12 pm to 5 pm. "Rosé goes well on any Thanksgiving table," said Gary Mangels
- The Suisun Valley Filling Station, located in the valley's historic Mankas Corner, is open Wednesday-Sunday and highlights wine and beer crafted in Suisun Valley. Select wines are available by the bottle or case. This is the only location in the valley where you can purchase the Caymus-Suisun Grand Durif.
- Seven Artisans Winery, open Thurs-Sun, features Seven Artisans, Sly Dog and Red Côte labels.