As summer ‘falls’ into autumn, discover the adventures waiting for you in Fairfield!
Halloween & Fall Fun
Start a new tradition in October and go to Larry’s Produce to enjoy the free fall activities! Larry’s Produce offers more than a dozen varieties of pumpkins and gourds, a corn maze, a corn bath, a giant hay pyramid, a haunted house, and farm tractors to climb. The farm stand is open daily, 9am to 5pm.
Ride a historic electric train to Gum Grove Station and visit the Western Railway Museum’s Pumpkin Patch Festival, open weekends October 12-27. You’ll find a pumpkin patch, tractor rides, a giant hay fortress, pumpkin chucking, a petting zoo, and other activities perfect for the entire family.
Experience thrills by day and lots of fright at night at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom’s Fright Fest, open weekends and select weekdays September 21 to November 2. Enjoy all your favorite rides and attractions mixed with Halloween fun, but beware of what hides in the park at dark.
Suisun Valley Harvest
The grape harvest continues in our rustic Suisun Valley wine country! Enjoy a glass of wine and watch the grapes come in directly from the field at Wooden Valley, G V Cellars, and the Blue Victorian. Altogether, we have over a dozen tasting rooms in Suisun and Green Valleys and many of them are open daily!
Il Fiorello Olive Oil Company kicks off its milling season the first week in October. Their state-of-the-art mill, located just a short walk from the visitor center, can mill up to three tons of olives an hour! Visitors are welcome to see it in action. Do you have an olive tree that has produced fruit? Il Fiorello will host Community Milling Days October 20 and November 24.
Friday Nights at the Farm continues every Friday, 4:30 to 9 pm, through Nov. 1 in our Green Valley wine region. It’s a casual evening under the oaks at Green Valley Road and Vintage Lane to enjoy the best our area has to offer in food, wine, beer, music and community. Free admission and all ages are welcome.
Be sure to venture out into the valley to admire the changing colors of our grapevines! Mother Nature’s fall foliage is a gorgeous backdrop to all the activities going on. Many of our tasting rooms have live music, bocce ball, game nights, and other fun in the fall. Wooden Valley’s Food Truck Friday series and VezerStock concerts continue through October.
Save the Dates
- Jelly Belly Candy Palooza, Sept. 28 & 29, 9 am to 5 pm, Jelly Belly Candy Company, Fairfield
- Bud Classic Car Show, Sept. 28, 10 am to 4 pm, Anheuser-Busch Brewery, Fairfield
- Art, Wine & Live Music at the Waterfront, Oct. 5, 11 am to 5 pm, Suisun Waterfront
- Jelly Belly’s Munchkin Masquerade & Halloween Breakfast, Oct. 26, 9:30 am to 11:30 am, Jelly Belly Candy Company, Fairfield
- Veterans Day Commemoration Ceremony and Parade, Nov. 11, Ceremony 10am-12pm, Parade 12:30pm – 2pm, Downtown Fairfield
- Jelly Belly Tree Lighting, Nov. 30, 5pm – 8pm, Jelly Belly Candy Company
- Downtown Christmas Tree Lighting, Dec. 6, 5:30pm – 8pm, Downtown Fairfield
Learn more about all the upcoming events in Fairfield at VisitFairfieldCA.com/events.