Suisun Valley Passport Sunday tickets now on sale
Tickets to Suisun Valley's popular spring celebration, Passport Sunday, are now on sale at all participating locations and online at www.suisunvalley.com.
The Passport Sunday celebration is set for April 12, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., and tickets went on sale March 9. Tickets are $40 general admission and $20 designated drivers. People are encouraged to purchase early, as this event often sells out. In the first week of sales, over 150 tickets were sold. It's estimated that over 800 people from the Solano County region and beyond will be in Fairfield's Suisun Valley for Passport Sunday.
The annual event showcases the wineries and wines of Suisun Valley and Green Valley. With “passports” in hand, attendees are invited to spend the day traveling from one winery to the next, tasting unique Suisun Valley wines, sampling foods from an array of area restaurants and farmers, and collecting stamps on their passports while socializing with family and friends.
Participants are asked to begin their Passport Sunday experience at the winery where they purchased their tickets. From there, they can drive to any of the participating wineries and stay at each location for as long as they would like. Each location will have wine tasting, food samples and entertainment. Expect to find the winemakers and their families pouring in the tasting rooms. All of the wineries present a unique story and wine tasting experience. They love to share their stories and interact with visitors.
The participating wineries and food partners include:
• BackRoad Vines with Chef to Go Catering
• GV Cellars with Famous Creations
• Il Fiorello Olive Oil with Executive Chef Marvin Martin
• Mangels Vineyards with Chef to Go Catering
• Rock Creek Vineyard with Cast Iron Grill & Bar
• Seven Artisans Winery with Rockville Corners
• Suisun Valley Cooperative (featuring King Andrews Vineyards, Blacksmith Cellars, and Sunset Cellars) with B & J BBQ
• Tenbrink Winery & Vineyards with Mankas Steakhouse
• Wooden Valley Winery with Ahi’s Seafood & Chophouse
• Galvan Family Cellars will be served at Il Fiorello Olive Oil
• Sepay Groves Olive Oil will be sampling at GV Cellars
• Clay Station will be at Wooden Valley Winery
All designated drivers will receive a passport, food and logo printed aluminum water bottle but there will be no wine glass included with this ticket. A separate colored wristband will signify designated driver guests.
Exploring the valley is always an enjoyable experience for guests and the Suisun Valley “loop” is located just minutes from I-80 in Fairfield. Suisun Valley’s winemakers are approachable and down-to-earth and love sharing stories about how they craft their wines. Expect to find them pouring behind the bar or from a barrel in their cellar.