The Western Railway Museum gives visitors the opportunity to ride historic streetcars and interurban electric trains from all over California and other western states. Streetcars loop the…More Info
This event has already finished but is here for your information
- 5848 Hwy 12
- Suisun City, CA
Winter has turned the California countryside bright green! Enjoy a special excursion in the springtime beauty of rural Solano County on board the Western Railway Museum’s Scenic Limited!
Celebrate spring with a vintage train ride at the Western Railway Museum. In April, the Museum will use its historic electric railway equipment on the Scenic Limited. Now in its 15th year, the Scenic Limited runs on Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays from March 30 - April 28 . The train takes visitors on an 11-mile round trip ride.
Passengers catch views of the native flowers that cover Solano County’s green hillsides and fields. The views change weekly and Museum docents are on board to point out whatever happens to be blooming along the way such as poppies, goldfields, and sheep’s sorrel. Visitors can also tour the Rail Car Display House and the Exhibit Hall, picnic in the Museum’s spacious park, and shop in the Museum Store. Parking is free.
- The Scenic Limited runs March 30 - April 28
- Train departs Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays at 11:00am, 12:30pm, and 2:00pm.
- General admission is $10 adults, $9 seniors (65+) and $7 kids (2-14). Members are free.
- First Class fare includes cookies and lemonade in the beautiful parlor car: $17 adults, $16 seniors (65+), $14 kids (2-14), and members $7.
- Admission is good for the entire day at the museum so you can explore historic railway exhibits, ride a vintage streetcar, make use of our large shaded picnic grounds, and visit the Museum Store, library, archives, and the Depot Cafe.
- All ticket revenue directly supports the Western Railway Museum, and its mission to preserve the regional heritage of electric railways for the benefit of current and future generations.
Tickets are available day of departure but you are encouraged to purchase advanced tickets online, especially for First Class parlor car. Click here for more information!